Holy Trinity is holding a number of study evenings through Advent and Epiphany – in English – on ‘Learning to hear God’s voice’.
It is a 6-part course, which will be spread across six Wednesday evenings in December, January and the start of February. Across the 6 sessions, we consider Jesus as a model for our life and our service in the church, and so we can learn from how he heard the voice of God.
- We will come to understand more about the gift of prophecy and to discern if God is speaking.
- We will think about the benefits of hearing God speak – for us, and for others with whom we have contact.
- And we will consider other ways the Lord God can speak to his people.
The sessions take place on the following dates:
- 12th of December: Jesus is our model
- 19th of December: The many Benefits of the Prophetic
- 16th of January: Practical steps to get started
- 23rd of January: Discerning the True Voice of God
- 30th of January: Wise Practices and Practical Exercises
- 6th of February: Cultivating True Friendship with God
We start at 8:00 pm, upstairs at the parsonage.
These study evenings are not restricted to those involved in or who would like to be involved in prayer ministry. They can give important insights and tools for anyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ, and will also be of great use and value in prayer ministry.
The sessions will include talks from a DVD series and then there will opportunity for questions and group study, and time to pray together and to practice some of the teachings we’ve heard.
There are study manuals, but do please bring pens, a notepad, and a Bible. The course materials are from the New Wine movement in the UK. They are in the English language.
And if anyone would like to bake a cake or something else…. that would be great.
If you want to attend you need to sign up. A study guide will be provided. Please contact David Vollmer-Laarman at email@example.com.
Daniëlle Los and Rev David Phillips