There are no fixed rules for Membership in the Church of England. If you attend our church regularly, are baptized and a believer, you are considered a member. If that is you, welcome! If you are not yet baptized but are interested in baptism, please click here.
If you are baptized and a believer and you want to participate more actively in the life of our local church, such as being involved in certain ministries and in voting at Annual General Meetings and standing for offices in the church, you should consider signing up for the Electoral Roll – this is explained below.
(For those who might be wondering, Membership or signing up for the Electoral Roll is not connected with particular expectations of financial contributions, though there are disciplines of giving that are commended in Scripture that have been found to be spiritually helpful. For example, the Lord loves a cheerful giver.)
SIGN UP FOR THE ELECTORAL ROLL!
When you sign up on the electoral roll, it is valid for six years,
but please let us know if your address changes.
- Baptized and 16 years or older;
- A member of an Anglican Church or any other Church that subscribes to the doctrine of the Trinity;
- A regular (at least once a month) worshipper here on Sunday at 9am or 10:30am over the last 6 months.
THEN WE ASK YOU TO SIGN UP FOR THE ROLL, BECAUSE:
- Only in this way can we keep track of those who consider themselves connected to our church and community and see how our church is developing.
- The number on the Roll is important for our participation in the life of the Diocese, as it determines our number of representatives and our dues.
- It allows you to serve the Church in various roles, such as steward, chalice assistant, council member, archdeaconry representative or churchwarden; and you are allowed to elect them, though you are not required to do so;
- If you serve as a volunteer in our Church in any way – and your name is not yet on the Roll – we would especially like to ask you to consider putting your name on the Roll to make your connection to our community visible.
- You will receive a full information pack on the life of our Church for the Annual General Meeting; and regular updates on what happens in Council.
THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DO, IS:
- To get an Electoral Roll Form, which you can find in the Church Porch, on the book table in the parsonage or here: Electoral-Roll-form2017
- Fill in your name, and details, and select what applies to you, and sign it;
- Send the form in before March 5th 2017, by putting it in the box at the Church Porch, by post (Address below), or by email to the Electoral Roll Officer.
ON BEHALF OF THE WHOLE CHURCH COUNCIL
Sheila Kooijman, Electoral Roll Officer
Send Forms to:
Holy Trinity Anglican Church
T.a.v. Electoral Roll Officer
van Hogendorpstraat 26
3581 KE Utrecht
Or you can scan the filled in form and send it to:
For further information or questions call: Sheila Kooijman (035 694 59 53)