Following two successful Deanery Pilgrimages in 2015 and 2016, Revd. Barry Birch is organising a Pilgrimage to Walsingham in August 2017. The previous pilgrims really enjoyed the time and were all uplifted by the whole experience. We hope many others would like to join us this year.
The shrine and grounds are situated in a lovely English village. The grounds contain the Shrine church, gardens with the Stations of the Cross, beautiful planting, accommodation for pilgrims, several chapels, a refectory, a café, a Shrine shop and a visitors’ centre.
The pilgrimage contains several aspects, including:
- The First Visit to the Holy House (as near to 4 p.m. on Monday as possible).
- A daily Mass (Eucharist).
- The Stations of the
- A Service of Sprinkling at the Well, Anointing, Confession and Laying on of hands (Tuesday evening).
- The Pilgrimage Mass (Wednesday morning).
- A Candlelight Procession followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. (Wednesday evening)
- The Last Visit to the Holy House with Intercessions (around 10 a.m. on Thursday).
Accommodation is on the basis of half board, the first meal being supper on Monday 14th August and the last meal breakfast on Thursday 17th August. The cost is likely to be about £165 per person. Revd. Barry will need to send an initial deposit of €15 per person by 27th March and a further deposit of about €27 each (depending on exchange rates at the time) sometime by 27th April. (He needs to send these as a non-refundable deposit).
It will be necessary for pilgrims to make their own travel arrangements, possibly getting together in small groups. It is useful if people have transport with them as there will be free time to explore the beautiful area.
Please contact him on email@example.com or 070 2134042 as soon as you can if you are interested in joining us. He will need approximate numbers by 10th March.
Do visit the Shrine website for further information about the Shrine: www.walsinghamanglican.org.uk