Ever thought about what people nowadays see in this old book we call the Bible? Wondering what is actually in there but not knowing where to begin? The book of John is a good place to start!
Or do you like meaningful discussion, making new friends and hanging out with random people? It doesn’t matter whether you’re Christian or not, who you are, where you’ve come from or how many friends you bring along: Everyone is very welcome!
At Holy Trinity Utrecht we’re starting to read the Gospel of John together following six passages from John’s book that we’ll dive into on the basis of six questions you might have about life and God. We’ll start every evening with a dinner and will have drinks afterwards! Of course everything is for free and we would love to welcome you!
Dates of the evenings:
- 8 May: The big question: why might someone ‘hope there is a no God’? (John 2:1-11)
- 22 May: Satisfaction: is it possible to find lasting satisfaction, and, if so, how? (John 4:4-42) ; Blind faith: is the Christian faith irrational? (John 9:1-41)
- 5 June: Death: why do we avoid talking about death? (John 11:1-48)
- 19 June: The crucifixion: does good and evil divide humanity? (John 19:1-42)
- 3 July: The resurrection: what kind of evidence do you need in order to change your mind about something? (John 20:1-29)
We’ll serve you dinner at 6.30 and you can stay for drinks afterwards! We hope to see you and your friends there! If you’re interested in joining us, please talk to Erik, our Student Ministry Coordinator!