Weekly Communion Services on Sunday:
9am Sung Communion
(1st & 5th Sundays in English and
2nd, 3rd, & 4th Sundays in Dutch)
11am Sung or Choral Communion (in English)
As a Church of England chaplaincy, we welcome all baptized persons
who are communicant members of other Churches
which subscribe to the doctrine of the Holy Trinity
and who are in good standing in their own Church
to receive the Sacrament.
We are a diverse community with different church backgrounds, so we order our services in different ways, but all services are from the Book of Common Worship. For more on our understanding of Holy Communion, click here.
- On the 1st Sunday of the month
- 9am Sung Holy Communion, contemporary English with organ and traditional hymns, sermon.
- 11am All Age Worship Service with Holy Communion in English. A Gospel band leads contemporary music. The sermon is a short talk.
- On the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month
- 9am service Sung Communion in Dutch, traditional language service (sermon is usually in English).
- 11am Sung or Choral Communion, in English, with organ and traditional hymns, Order One contemporary language Service. Our Choir leads on the 3rd and 4th Sundays.
- On the 5th Sunday of the month
- 9am Sung Communion, contemporary English, with organ and traditional hymns.
- 11am Solemn Choral Eucharist, traditional language liturgy and incense is used.
We want everyone to feel welcome and able to worship the Lord with us at Holy Trinity Church. This is a house of prayer for all people.
Creche and Sunday School
Both at 9am and 11am we offer a Creche and Sunday School for children. The teachers are bilingual. Your children are also very welcome to be in the service.
Quarterly Healing Service
Four times a year we offer a Healing Ministry during the Sunday 11am Holy Communion service (though a private visit by the chaplain is always possible on request). After the sermon, a special litany is said, followed by a period of silence, during which there is an opportunity to bring before God what is troubling you and to ask for His healing. After the litany any member of the congregation who would like to receive the ministry of anointing with oil for the sick and/or the laying on of hands will be invited to come to the altar rail. It is usually the second Sunday of each quarter of the calendar year (Jan, April, July, Oct) – check our schedule for precise dates.
Feasts and Festivals
In our worship services we follow the Church’s Year. This means the readings, prayers and hymns fit the season or the day. The year is structured in such a way as to lead the worshipper through the life of Christ and the Church. At Holy Trinity we of course celebrate Christmas, Easter and Pentecost. But there are a number of other special services – for more please click here.
On most Holy Days and major Saints’ days there is a Service of Holy Communion at 20:00.
Check our Calendar for precise times and dates of services.