In August Holy Trinity Church is hosting a number of Fringe concerts, which are part of the Utrecht Early Music Festival (Festival Oude Muziek).
There will be concerts on the following dates and times, featuring music by a variety of composers (click the links for the programme on the Oude Muziek Website):
- Saturday 24 August: 2.00 pm-3.00 pm Anne-Linde Visser, violoncello piccolo
- Wednesday 28 August: 12.30 pm-1.30 pm Aleksander Mocek, harpsichord
- Wednesday 28 August: 3.30 pm-4.30 pm Aleksander Mocek, harpsichord
- Saturday 31 august: 11.00 am-12.00 pm TARS: Teun Wisse, recorders, bassoon;
Charlotte Schwenke, violin; Johannes Rake, harpsichord
- Saturday 31 august: 3.30 pm-4.30 pm Het Muzikale Duo: Cornelia Fahrion, soprano
Teun Braken, harpsichord
Free Tickets can be obtained at the festival centre in Tivoli-Vredenburg on the morning of the concert. Tickets will also be available at the door. However, preference will be given to ticketholders with a ticket from the festival centre. So if you want to be sure of a seat, go to Tivoli-Vredenburg for a ticket.
Below is a short outline of the festival, as published on the European Festivals Association website.
Established in 1982, the 10-day Utrecht Early Music Festival has been the flagship production of the Organisatie Oude Muziek, with over 250 concerts and related activities in the centre of the city, both at TivoliVredenburg and other interesting venues. Every year, a special series of over 60 free fringe concerts, as well as various workshops and masterclasses, open up this festival to young talent from all over the world. The goal of the festival is to keep the adventure of early music alive.