Advent Bible Study 2015
Tuesday November 24 we started with a weekly Bible study for the Advent.
In our days we know about travellers like Joseph and Mary and coming from other cultures like the wise men.
What’s different if we compare our time with 2000 years ago?
- We are 2000 years closer to what the prophets prophesied about the kingdom of peace.
- We are 2000 years closer to the fulfilment of the promise given at Ascension day “This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” Let’s prepare for his Advent (adventus (L) = coming).
All of you are most welcome to join the Bible Study. The themes for the coming weeks are:
- December 1 (preparing Advent 2) – Bethlehem: Glory to God!
- December 8 (preparing Advent 3) – Egypt: We are strangers and pilgrims.
- December 15 (preparing Advent 4) – New Jerusalem: We come home.
Starting time is 20 hours. Coffee or tea at 19.45, end time is 21.45.
Danielle Los – 030 236 8572
Hans Baars, ebaars@planet